Red Wiggler Composting Worms 2lb Pack
The recommended amount of worms to start a worm bin is 1 lb to 2 lbs of worms per square foot of surface area. As a rule of thumb, 1,000 worms equals 1 lb.
Recommended amount of worms to start each type of worm bin
- Rubbermaid Worm Bin (OSCR Jr.) – 1 lb to 2 lbs
- Can-O-Worms – 2 lbs to 5 lbs
- Worm Factory or Gusanito Worm Bins – 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. per tray
Composting worms will manage their population count and their population will grow or shrink depending on the space they are afforded. Worms will NOT overflow their container due to worm population.
List Price: $49.95
Sale Price: $32.95
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Red Wigglers are tough and hardy. Adaptable to many environments, Redworms have been breaking down organic waste to make natural fertilizer for millions of years. They also aid in the breaking down of pathogens. These worms are prolific breeders, laying one egg capsule as often as every seven days. Each worm capsule will hatch an average of 3 to 4 earthworms. The hatched earthworms will grow into breeders in about three months. They are very popular live bait for fish that prefer small baits, such as trout, bluegill, perch or crappie. Red Wigglers are easy to use as bait, easily surviving in temperatures between 38 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Red Wiggler, Eisenia Fotida, worms are approximately 900-1000 to the pound.
- They'll eat almost anything organic (no meat products).
- Redworms can consume organic material equivalent to their body weight each day to produce castings equal to 75% of their body weight each day.
- This is a pack with 2,000 Red Worms
2 lbs of worms is the perfect amount of worms to start an average size worm composting bin.